Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cars cake


Right out of Radiator Springs!!





And egg free too! that was the hard part! I got it in the end with the bottom being chocolate chocolate chip with vanilla buttercream and the top vanilla with chocolate chip buttercream icing. Both tiers are covered in airbrushed marshmallow fondant. I had to make my own stencil for the racing flag, but it worked out great. The pylons are modeling chocolate. The logo, Mater and Lightening Mcqueen are all fondant with some airbrushing on Mater for rust. My friend who ordered this is a dentist so I had fun exaggerating Maters overjet. I even made a few sets of tires for the adults. They were choc. dipped mini oreos. It was so special to make Connor a REAL egg free cake instead of another ice cream cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment