Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chocolate or Shoes?

Now she doesn't have to choose!
This was the biggest cake I had made to date (14" and 6"). It was for a very special person with an even bigger heart. She loves animal prints and her girl friends wanted to go with the fashion theme. The fondant was a good challenge with size and animal prints. The shoe is hand sculpted out of chocolate with piped on black swirls. It was only later I found you can buy a shoe making kit for cakes on line - only $79.99. Wheres the challenge in that? I ribbon wrapped the bases and off it went for a 3 hour car ride to the party. So far the furthest traveled cake I've made. I'm thankful a girlfriend at the party got the reveal on camera. Moments like that make it all worth it. Here's to another great Year Alma- Love you lots !

No comments:

Post a Comment