Friday, March 25, 2011

My Little Pony Cake

This cake was a pure pleasure as it was a trip back to "my" little pony days.
I may even still have one..okay I do :)

3- 8" vanilla and chocolate cakes layered between Chocolate and chocolate chip Butter cream icing.  Covered in yummy marshmallow fondant.  This cake was suppose to be simple however the ponies were not.
They were a great challenge to make to scale and likeness each taking at least 2 1/2 hours.




I find it amazingly helpful to have a 3D model.
I got to sit down with the b-day girl and dig for some more info like her fav. pony, colours, the dream castle.  So much fun!
Ruby's so sweet she even let me use Rarity to "help me make a really nice cake".


Hand drawn Stint for Fondant name.







Her name being four letters ending in a "y" worked out perfect as it resembles the "My Little Pony" Logo so closely.  It was just begging to be designed.



Let dry 72 hours and then positioned it between the two towers.


Every castle needs a pink gate.  
I used a wood grained impression mat for this.


Fondant Rainbow Dash Pony.




Fondant Rarity Pony.







The birthday girl's favorite...Pinkie Pie Pony.






Lucky little girl even gets a Pinkie Pie personalized towel!!
Happy Birthday Ruby, you're a sweet heart.

4 comments:

  1. Your ponies look amazing Joanne! I thought they were plastic ponies! And the castle looks fantastic too! I'm sure the birthday girl was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin, she was thrilled, especially with Pinkie Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow joanne. this cake is so awesome. i don't even dare show my little girl, because I wouldn't be able to make this if my life depended on it. lol. have you started this as a business? we'll be celebrating sophia and theo's birthdays in manitoba in september. i'll need 2 cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, not too sure what my September looks like but send me an email later!

    ReplyDelete