Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ariel the Little Mermaid Cake

This cake was so much fun to make.  
I listened to "Kiss the girl"  over and over while I worked.  

Very Vanilla 6" and 8" tiered cake with pink Vanilla icing.
Covered in airbrushed Marshmallow Fondant.



Oh the life of a Mermaid....
She was a good sculpting challenge needing days to dry in many stages.


She even looks good from the back :)




Sebastian made out of mmfondant amongst the other sea life.
I loved how the colours pop on this cake.



Ariel from an Areal view.


My inspiration for the ocean life.



My Ariel and Flounder models.



Cakes dirty iced.
 These food safe jumbo bubble tea straws work great for supports and for a fraction of the traditional wooden dowels price.  Notice these supports are where all the weight of the fondant rock and Ariel will be. 



I have discovered that a food dehydrator works amazing with the help of Tylose powder to accelerate the drying process.  There's multiply trays and it keeps your items protected from curious fingers (adults included)


Hope you had a very special 5th Birthday Madeleine.
 I can't wait to see your Brushfire creation.



No comments:

Post a Comment